January 4th is National Trivia Day! And, we Nexus 6 replicants love trivia nearly as much as we love marketing (and movies and food and music and culture and….) so we decided to combine the two!
Below are some Nexus 6 trivia questions. You can find the answers below them. Below those? You’ll find some above-average marketing nuggets that Nexus 6 thinks are way more important than the first five’s fun, fluffy facts.
1. The very first billboard was created to advertise:
2. Search engine marketing (SEM) began in:
3. What did the very first television commercial advertise?
a. World Encyclopedia
b. World War II
4. What was the first social media platform created?
a. Six Degrees
b. My Space
5. The first, real instance of content marketing was deployed:
a. in the 1700’s
b. in the 1800’s
c. in the 1900’s
d. in the 2000’s
FROM FAQ’S TO FACTS
Recently, Optimind produced this super cool infographic on digital marketing stats. They grabbed info from Hubspot, iContact, Unbounce, Moz and other sources.
Here are the nuggets that stood out from the rest.
- Video keeps customers on websites up to two minutes longer on average
- 20% of people will read text, whereas 80% of people will watch a video of the same content
- Websites with videos are 50% more likely to appear on Google’s first page of search results
- A consumer who views a product video is 144% more likely to purchase than those without a product video
- Consumers who receive email marketing spend 83% more while shopping than those who do not.
- $44.25 for every dollar spent is the ‘average’ return on email marketing investments.
- Nexus 6 is way more fun and creative than the other guys and gals. (OK. This one didn’t make Optimind’s list but we think it’s a fact everyone should know!)
STATS AND SUDS?
They’re pretty amazing stats if you think about them. Wanna talk about them and how they could impact your biz? We’d love to. (Preferably over beer.) Just give us a jingle or shoot an email our way!
#1 – a, #2 – b, #3 – c, #4 – a, #5 – d